Thursday

azazel

I continue to think about what Christ said " I have come that you may know Him". In looking at the burial of Christ, how do the scriptures related to that bring me into a deeper relationship of knowing Him.

#2 of JP's list

2.) The burial of Christ is important in fulfilling Old Testament types:

First, I need a better understanding of types. How do we know if a passage in the OT is a "type" of NT truths? I look at the list below and I am intrigued as to how they apply to Christ's burial. Some seem more obvious than others: Noah in the ark, Joseph in the pit, Jonah in the fish. Others quicken my senses......ahhhhh: the scapegoat, the rod. Father, what is here for us to learn, to see, to hear? Father, thank you for giving us Your Son so that we may know You.

  • The scapegoat into the wilderness (Lev. 16:5-10, 26; cf. Jn. 1:29)
"and he (High Priest) shall lay them (iniquities and transgressions) on the head of the goat for Azazel and send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who stands in readiness. And the goat for Azazel shall bear on itself all their iniquities to a solitary land; and he shall release the goat for Azazel in the wilderness"

Who is the man who stands in readiness? Who is this one who walked with the goat for Azazel into the wilderness?

Thank you Father for so much to meditate upon.

No comments: