Wednesday

nathan

The first time I heard that Jesus Christ had gone to hell I was flabbergasted. What? No way! What in the world are you talking about?

Even now I am uncertain on it (11/1...I am no longer uncertain. He took my sins for me and he took them to hell).... after he died on the cross, while He was buried for 3 days, he descended so that He might ascend. During that three days he descended into sheol and led the captives free. Does anyone else have this same understanding? Is an understanding of His burial and these 3 days important to us as believers? (11/1 YES!)

I think so....very important to understand the truth of what He did and does for us in our sanctifying walk. JP has listed many passages of scripture that set me to thinking.

Deut. 21:22-23

"committed a sin worthy of death....you shall surely bury him on the same day ....so that you do not defile your land which the Jehovah your God gives you as an inheritance."

Ps. 16:9-11

"Thou will not abandon my soul to sheol
neither wilt Thou give Thy Holy One to undergo decay"


22:15

"Thou dost lay me to the dust of death"


Isa. 53:9

"his grave was assigned with wicked men"


Acts 2:22-32

"He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh suffer decay"

13:26-41 (to the men of Israel)

"dead, no more to return to decay"
"Thou wilt not allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay"
"did not undergo decay.
Therefore let it be known to you brethren that through this One forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you"

Rom. 1:1-2

"gospel of God, which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures"

What is the significance of the fact that our physical bodies undergo decay when we physically die and that Jesus the Holy One was "not allowed" (by God) to undergo decay.

Look at this....He did not just NOT decay.....God, His Father did not allow Him to undergo decay...His Father did not permit decay.

Decay
Shachath: pit , destruction, grave

from
Shuwach: bowed down, sunk down, depression of the mind

Ok now I am confused. NASB translates Shachath as "undergo decay", but everywhere else it just means pit or grave. So does this actually mean "did not allow him to stay in the pit/grave?"

Jesus Christ came that we might know the Father...so what in these passages allows me to know Him more? For me it is the aspect the He kept His Son from the pit.

My Father is my Keeper.

My Father is my Bestower, Granter, Permitter, Ascriber, Employer, Devoter, Consecrator, Dedicator, Payor, Entrustor, Deliverer , Assigner, Designator.

He is our Nathan. He did not allow the pit/ the grave/ the decay. Therefore, through this ONE,
forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to us!

Ge 9:13 -
I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.

No comments: