Thursday

Nippon

This morning took me back to a tender place, Japan.

The pictures on this blog were a delight for me...a walk down memory lane. One post about thinking outside the box initiated an interesting conversation between Anonimo and myself. As I explained to him the Japanese way of thinking that appears to Americans as "inside the box", he commented on how worship affects culture and not vice versa.

Shinto and Buddhist worship is vastly different from the religious heritage of America. If we compare the two cultures with their backgrounds in worship, there seems a correlation there. Definitely a new viewpoint for me to take a look at.

God has created us to be worshippers. What you worship or who you worship determines everything else.

Food for thought.

1 comment:

Sanctification said...

Hi Alethia,

I myself know nothing beyond the most basic things about Shintoism and Buddhism. I do know a little of the language and culture of Japan, and it is amazing.

-Michele